Reporting to the President of the organization, this individual is responsible for
developing and executing new product development and works with the
commercialization team to bring these products to market.
Specific duties include:
• Manage R&D projects to meet target dates and objectives.
• Organize daily R&D staff assignments.
• Conduct research for new sweeteners.
• Develop formulation and recipes for customer’s food and beverage products.
• Responsible for sensory evaluation of formulas.
• Testing and prototyping of new formulas.
• Works collaboratively with the Sales and Marketing team to bring these products
• May be required to lead the small R&D team to ensuring performance levels are
• Bachelor’s degree or above in Food Sciences.
• 5 or more years experience in research and development working in the
beverage, dairy or confectionary industries.
• Be innovative.
• Good sensory ability.
• Ideal experience will have been gained in a hands-on R&D role within a large
food and beverage company.
• Project Management experience.
• Strong communication skills.
• Management experience would be considered an asset.
• Ability to work independently and as a member of a small team.
• Demonstrated entrepreneurial thinking and ability to function in a growth oriented
We are the ‘Sweetener House’, your home for natural sweeteners. NutraEx is trending
to become a global supplier of specialty (added-value) sweetener ingredients to major
food and beverage manufacturers. The company has experienced significant growth
since it started up 10 years ago. We are dedicated to making the world better with
Candidates who are interested in this position please send resume and cover letter to
firstname.lastname@example.org or apply via this forum. No Phone calls please.